Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I can pretend I'm a lawyer, too

I think Glenn Close is really having an influence on me. Or maybe it's Patty Hewes, her character on 'Damages'. Our apartment negotiations are not going well in either direction and I'm trying to channel Patty, who is a high-powered and manipulative lawyer, while attempting to get this sorted out.

It's a long story, but here's the (very) abridged version: Prices have been agreed to on both our sale and purchase. But now the contract crap starts and it's all little nitpicky issues :(

And to make matters worse, I am the one communicating with the broker and lawyer for the next week or so, and let me tell you, negotiating is not my forte. It makes my blood pressure go up.

So, I'm kind of a stress-case until we work this all out. I'm just going to have to go home and watch more Damages to see what else I can learn...

No comments: